MySQL cluster ndb_mgmd problems on FreeBSD 7.x

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Thu Nov 29 06:43:33 PST 2007

Hello,

I have four machines, each of them are in the same IP subnet and running
FreeBSD 7.0-BETA2. On these machines I'm trying to set up a MySQL
cluster (one management node, one SQL node and two data nodes).
The problem is that on the management node I can't use the NDB
management client (/usr/local/bin/ndb_mgm), even on localhost and also,
the MySQL process on the SQL node can't connect to the management node.

The strange thing is that if I install a 6-STABLE world into a
directory, install the same MySQL from ports in that chroot, and run the
NBD management daemon (ndb_mgmd) *outside* the chroot (so a 6.x binary
in 7.x world), everything starts to work perfectly.

I'm not sure where could I start.

So: with an ndb_mgmd built on 6.x and ran on 7.x the whole stack works,
with the same binary, but built and ran on 7.x it does not (the NDB
management client is unusable and the MySQL daemon can't connect too).

The config is very basic.
NDB-related config:
[ndbd default]
NoOfReplicas=2
DataMemory=80M
IndexMemory=18M
[ndb_mgmd]
hostname=172.16.1.2
datadir=/data/mysql-cluster
[ndbd]
hostname=172.16.1.8
datadir=/data/mysql
[ndbd]
hostname=172.16.1.9
datadir=/data/mysql
[mysqld]
hostname=172.16.1.4

my.cnf on the SQL node:
[mysqld]
ndbcluster
ndb-connectstring = 172.16.1.2
datadir         = /data/mysql
socket          = /tmp/mysql.sock
[mysql_cluster]
ndb-connectstring = 172.16.1.2

Any ideas? Anybody running MySQL cluster on 7.x?

Thanks,

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                 phone: +3630 306 6758