bypassing certain cvs commits

Wes Morgan morganw at chemikals.org
Tue Nov 27 16:56:27 PST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> As per my detailed comments to Jason
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-November/084307.html
> is broken but I want to update everything else how do I by pass the
> ref'ed commit?

You do realize that running -current, especially so soon after a branch,
is virtually expected to have this kind of breakage from time to time,
sometimes frequently. The best and most productive course of action would
probably be to contact the committer directly rather than creating a lot
of unneeded chatter on multiple mailing lists.

Unless there is some critical "must-have" feature in -current that isn't
available in the 7-stable tree, perhaps you'd be better off tracking that
instead. 7.0 is going to be fantastic, and I have not yet seen anything
committed to -current that would make me want to track it instead of 7,
and I've tracked -current since 4-current.

WNM