who do I report this to?

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 00:33:30 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 02:11:42AM -0500, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

 > Who do I report the following issue to (it falls into at least 3 camps)?
 >
 > If I am downloading a torrent in deluge 0.5.6.2_1 *AND* am logged into
 > gmail (*WITH* a chat open) my network connection looses about 90% of
 > it's capacity (for all applications), re(4) with the following:
 >
 > rgephy0: <RTL8169S/8110S/8211B media interface> PHY 1 on miibus0
 > rgephy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseT,
 > 1000baseT-FDX, auto
 >
 > After some experimenting this problem *only* occurs under the above
 > conditions.
 >
 > Addtional info:
 >
 > gnome 2.20.1
 > nv driver (latest)
 > Xorg 7.3

Would you show me more details(network configuration)? Since re(4) is
involved here I'd like to know what caused the issue. If you disable
checksum offload does it get better performance?(#ifconfig re0 -txcsum)

Btw, you wouldn't get correct performance number with P2P software
because there are too many factors there. Check other network
benchmark tools in ports.

[Because you seem to use current, all other lists except current
 in CC were removed.]

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon