geom_raid5 inclusion in HEAD?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Wed Nov 14 10:53:29 PST 2007

Hi,

FWIW, I would also like to see geom_raid5 going into the
tree (after proper review).

Just a small question:  I noticed that the new gvinum
raid5 implementation (in P4) allows adding disks to an
existing RAID5, even while it is running.  Does geom_raid5
support that, too?  (ZFS doesn't, unfortunately.)

Best regards
   Oliver

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster."
        -- Niklaus Wirth