wpi doesn't associate :(

Benjamin Close Benjamin.Close at clearchain.com
Sun Nov 4 16:26:20 PST 2007

Rene Ladan wrote:
> Rene Ladan schreef:
>
>> Benjamin Close schreef:
>>
>>> Hi Rene,
>>>    There's a new version up if you want to give it a go.
>>>
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~benjsc/downloads/
>>>

>> I tested the new tarball on my laptop but dhclient still refuses to associate (it keeps
>> stuck in the DHCPDISCOVER state).  I temporarily switched of the MAC address check of the
>> router so that any client which knows the WEP password can connect, but that didn't help
>> either.
>>
>> I also got some messages about memory not being properly aligned when loading if_wpi.
>>

> [...]
>
> I've attached some stuff from /var/log/messages which might be interesting.  From what I
> understand from these messages, WLAN and Bluetooth (working) reside on the same card.
> pciconf and lspci cannot deny nor confirm this.
>
> Regards,
> Rene

Please ignore the memory unaligned issues, the driver will reattempt the
allocation upon a failure. It's a temporary work around until I can
convince uma to reliably give me a 16k aligned page (or fix it in
another way). The driver will fail to load if after multiple attempts it
still can't get an aligned page.

You are correct, the 3945 chipset provides both bluetooth and 802.11abg
support.
As for your failed dhcp attempts I'll work with you off list to fix these.

Cheers,
    Benjamin