wpi doesn't associate :(

Rene Ladan r.c.ladan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 03:49:56 PST 2007

Rene Ladan schreef:
> Benjamin Close schreef:
>> Hi Rene,
>>    There's a new version up if you want to give it a go.
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~benjsc/downloads/
>>
> I tested the new tarball on my laptop but dhclient still refuses to associate (it keeps
> stuck in the DHCPDISCOVER state).  I temporarily switched of the MAC address check of the
> router so that any client which knows the WEP password can connect, but that didn't help
> either.
>
> I also got some messages about memory not being properly aligned when loading if_wpi.

[...]

I've attached some stuff from /var/log/messages which might be interesting.  From what I
understand from these messages, WLAN and Bluetooth (working) reside on the same card.
pciconf and lspci cannot deny nor confirm this.

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6 (subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001