ZFS does not load and mount at boot time

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 31 12:22:46 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:02:55 +0200 <oschonef at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
wrote about Re: ZFS does not load and mount at boot time:

OUBD> Just another note: I haven't had my coffee yet, when writing my
OUBD> replay to you this morning.
OUBD> If the ZFS module is loaded by the loader the symlinking trick will
OUBD> not work. The module tries to load /boot/zfs/zpool.cache or expects
OUBD> zpool.cache preloaded from the loader. However, I could not teach
OUBD> the loader to load zpool.cache from the nanobsd configuration slice.
OUBD> If the module is loaded by /etc/rc.d/zfs, the symlinking works,
OUBD> because the module will try then try to load /boot/zfs/zpool.cache
OUBD> (which points to /etc/zfs/zpool.cache) wich was initialized by
OUBD> rc.initdiskless.

Thanks for the correction. However, my problem seems to be a bit
different, as my zfs module isn't loaded by rc.d/zfs in the frist place.
I'm still wondering about what's actually going wrong there...

cu
  Gerrit