Panic with X/radeon/glx (vm_fault: fault on nofault entry)

Flavio Alexsandro Silva falexsandro at inbox.com
Thu May 31 02:11:18 UTC 2007

Hi Karol!

    To me i've the similar problem if i start the X with the both "load
glx" and "load dri"!
    If i disable the dri is possible to start the X without any problem
and use the glx extension's!
    And the reverse to! X with dri enabled and glx disabled!

    If i start the X with the two, i got error on a GL symbols not
found. I suspect that can be possible due to dri and libGL ports to be
built using the MesaLib 5.6.3 and the X with the MesaLib 5.6.2!

    I'm not sure if the problem is same for us...

Excuse for the poor english...

[]'s

Flávio

Karol Kwiatkowski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My system panics if glx is enabled in xorg.conf. It happens with both
> xorg 6.9 and 7.2 on CURRENT, it didn't happen on 6.2-STABLE some months
> ago. Everything works if I remove 'Load  "glx"' form xorg.conf
>
> System panic is:
> panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: e41a1000
>
> Full panic with backtrace attached. System configuration at the bottom,
> full config files, Xorg log and panic message can be found here:
> 	http://www.orchid.homeunix.org/freebsd/persephone/
>
> Any help appreciated. Thanks,
>
> Karol
>

> hardware: i386, Radeon 9000Pro/AGP/Nvidia nForce2
>
> $ uname -a
> FreeBSD persephone.orchid.homeunix.org 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT
> #0: Tue May 29 10:58:33 CEST 2007
> root at persephone.orchid.homeunix.org:/mnt/big/FreeBSD/obj/usr/src/sys/PERSEPHONE
>  i386
>
> sources:
> cvs started: Tue May 29 09:02:17 CEST 2007
> cvs ended  : Tue May 29 09:02:53 CEST 2007
>
> in custom kernel:
> device	agp
> device	drm
> device	radeondrm
>
> working xorg.conf:
> Section "Module"
>         Load  "extmod"
> #       Load  "glx"
>         Load  "dri"
>         Load  "dbe"
>         Load  "record"
>         Load  "xtrap"
>         Load  "type1"
>         Load  "freetype"
> EndSection
>
> - --
> Karol Kwiatkowski   <karol.kwiat at gmail dot com>
> OpenPGP 0x06E09309

Flávio Alexsandro Silva
"Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are."
"Linux is for people who hate Windows.
BSD is for people who love UNIX."