ZFS does not load and mount at boot time

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 30 16:19:36 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I'm using zfs on -currrent in form of a nanobsd image. Until recently I
used my own script in rc.d/zfs to mount zfs volumes, which I had written
prior to the import of zfs into -current.
After switching to the script coming with -current, I found that neither
the zfs kernel module is loaded, nor the volumes are mounted, although
zfs_enable is set to "YES" in rc.conf.
When manually running "/etc/rc.d/zfs start", zfs additionally complains
that it may have been mounted before by a different host, and I have to
use -f to overcome this.
Are there any hints how to solve these issues?

cu
  Gerrit