No wpa_supplicant control socket at boot

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed May 30 01:40:50 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 30 May 2007 11:03, Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko wrote:
> You did not provide enough information about your setup, so I am not
> sure that my answer would be very helpful ;-(
>
> I do run wpa_supplicant at startup by means of
>
> ifconfig_ath0="WPA 10.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"
>
> in rc.conf
>
> I have the same entries as you at the top of wpa_supplicant.conf and
> I am able to use wpa_cli right after boot, which is what I suspect
> you refer to when you are talking about control socket being
> available.

Yes, sorry.

I have ifconfig_ath0="WPA DHCP" in rc.conf.

I wouldn't expect it to make a big difference if I am using DHCP though.

I also see that wpa_supplicant has the socket open according to sockstat
but the file is not there.

I guess something is deleting it but I can't think what :(

Unless /etc/rc.d/cleanvar is doing it..

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum