No wpa_supplicant control socket at boot

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko alex.kovalenko at verizon.net
Wed May 30 01:26:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 14:30 +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> I find that wpa_supplicant has no control socket when it is run at
> startup, however if I restart it it comes good.
>
> Does anyone else see this?
>
> I have these options in my wpa_supplicant.conf file..
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=wheel

You did not provide enough information about your setup, so I am not
sure that my answer would be very helpful ;-(

I do run wpa_supplicant at startup by means of

ifconfig_ath0="WPA 10.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x"

in rc.conf

I have the same entries as you at the top of wpa_supplicant.conf and I
am able to use wpa_cli right after boot, which is what I suspect you
refer to when you are talking about control socket being available.

I do load if_ath, wlan_wep and wlan_tkip by means of the loader.conf
entries.

If there are other bits of setup you would like to compare, please, let
me know.

---
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko.