"camcontrol rescan all" stuck in kernel (firewire)

Sun May 27 06:52:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

I had a harddisk connected via firewire (not mounted, only played with
dd), disconneted it and issued a "camcontrol rescan all". I got some
kernel messages about "(probeX:sbp:0:x:0): Error 22" and "Unretryable
Error" and then the process is stuck there since yesterday (if it
matters, on boot there's a long pause between the same messages at
boot time and continuing with the userland part of the boot, maybe 20
or 30 seconds). ps shows camcontrol is in state "D+".

In kdb I see the following backtrace:
sched_switch
mi_switch
sleepq_wait
_sleep
cam_periph_runccb
xptioctl
devfs_ioctl_f
ioctl

The rest of the system works just fine. I tried "show xxx" (everything
what shows up with "lock" or "sleep" when I just type "show"), but
nothing showed up.

Anything else I can provide/do to find the cause?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Life is a POPULARITY CONTEST!  I'm REFRESHINGLY CANDID!!