Process for requesting reverting patch?

Steve Kargl sgk at
Sun May 13 19:32:21 UTC 2007

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:24:35PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> Steve Kargl <sgk at> writes:
> > On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 08:23:43PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> > > Steve Kargl <sgk at> writes:
> > > > What is the formal process to get a recent commit to -current
> > > > reverted?  Do I send email to core?
> > > You start by talking to the person who did the commit.  That much should
> > > be obvious.
> > I would expect a committer, who changes something as important as
> > the default shell in FreeBSD, to read the freebsd-current mailing
> > list and the PR database.
> I would expect a committer such as yourself to know that there are
> better ways to approach this than posting to -current and threatening to
> take the matter to core at .

I'm not a committer to the FreeBSD repository.  I either 
submit patches to fix problems or code for missing library
routines.  In this particular case, reverting the tcsh
import is the correct fix (IMHO).

I also didn't threaten anyone or anything.  I simply wanted 
to know what the procedure is for getting code reverted.


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list