import nss_ldap, openldap in base?

Patrick Dung patrick_dkt at yahoo.com.hk
Wed May 9 20:04:02 UTC 2007

Personally I think that LDAP support out of the box is good (e.g other
OS already has LDAP support out of the box, get more users to use it).

We already have programs like bsnmp, pam_radius, Kerberos and OPIE
integrated/comes with the base OS. Is Openldap(client library, not
server), nss_ldap/pam_ldap support in base OS worth more attention?

Patrick