INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE patches

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue May 8 10:12:44 UTC 2007

On 2007-May-07 23:42:39 +0000, "Wojciech A. Koszek" <wkoszek at freebsd.org> wrote:
>"What did this strange guy put into that kernel image to make it work
>correctly"

And the extension of this is "why did he do that?" - which he would
have mentioned in the comments.

>and similar cases people described earlier. Noone mentioned about a
>comments issue.

Because no-one has suggested that comments be stripped out before.

>Once you know what had been included into your configuration file before
>accident, you can find respective comment into src/sys/<arch>/conf
>directory.

In which case, you might as well not bother with the content at all.
The 'include FOO' line will let you find the relevant file in
src/sys/<arch>/conf

>I don't think comments are really all that important.

I presume you don't do any software maintenance.  Comments can be
absolutely essential to understand why decisions were made.

--
Peter Jeremy