smbfs mount wedges

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Sun May 6 01:27:37 UTC 2007

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 07:00:54PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
>> I have this line in my /etc/fstab:
>>
>> //ivoras at server/share  /home/ivoras/mnt  smbfs rw,noauto,-f640,-d750 0 0
>>
>> But the command
>>
>> # mount /home/ivoras/mnt
>>
>> doesn't exit. The file system is mounted, I can see it in output of
>> "mount" on another console, and I can access the files in it without
>> problems, but the "mount" command never returns. It's stuck in state
>> "devdrn", and can't be killed by SIGINT or SIGKILL.
>>
>> This is a -CURRENT from few days ago.
>>
>> Does smbfs work for someone?
>>

> Take the
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/misc/destroy_dev_sched.6.patch
> In addition, replace calls to destroy_dev() in the smb cdev d_close()
> method with destroy_dev_sched() (the precise location of that destroy_dev()
> could be obtained by backtracing hung process in ddb).

   One can also try following patch which utilises kib@'s
destroy_dev_sched() to fix devdrn hang found in other subsystems:

 	http://people.freebsd.org/~avatar/destroy_dev_sched_addon.1.patch

> This should fix "devdrn" hang. Please, report the results to me.

   After rebooting the kernel with aforementioned two patches applied,
I don't see devdrn hang around mount_smbfs/watch for the last 2 months.

--
Cheers,

Tai-hwa Liang