i815 and SC_PIXEL_MODE and DRM problem also

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at omnisec.de
Sat May 5 01:19:06 UTC 2007

Hello,

today I empowerd my old Vaio SRX41P (P3m at 800) with a fresh -current and
recognized that there persists a problem with SC_PIXEL_MODE. It seems to be
broken for my i815 integrated graphics controller since FreeBSD 5.x.
vidcontrol -i mode shows me the 800x600x4 (106) mode, which some ATI card's
don't have, but with FreeBSD5 I always could enable "-g 100x37 VESA_800x600"
if that mode was shown. For the mentioned period I just get "not supported by
device".

I also can remember that I had my puppy running OpenGL applications with
FreeBSD4/5. If I kldload drm and i915 the chipset isn't supported anymore.
Was it intentional to remove i810 support? (but keep Vodoo/Glide???)

Thanks in advance,

-Harry