HEADS UP: UNIX domain socket locking changes merged to CVS HEAD

Randall Stewart rrs at cisco.com
Thu Mar 1 06:56:43 UTC 2007

Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:00:15PM -0500, Randall Stewart wrote:
>> Robert Watson wrote:
>
> I too have been having unexpected lockups--like Randall, I figured it
> was something to do with my machine.  Interestingly enough, though X
> will lock up completely (and I can't ssh to the machine, though I can
> ping it) the jail, which runs a small web site, running on an alias ip
> address continues to work--I can still access the web site from outside.
>
> However, I haven't been able to apply Robert's patch yet.  As some of
> you have noticed, there's a bunch of tinderbox failures dying in
> netstat.  It's happening to me too, so I haven't been able to rebuild.
>
> (this is more of a me too post at this point--I haven't had a chance to
> do any investigation).

Well

I was able to build.. and so far no lockup's.

The frustrating thing was it would always free in X.. and I could
not get back out to get a trace... I am glad that someone else did :-D

So the good news is once you can build .. it seems to be the problem
is solved.. of course I still could lock up.. but only using
X will tell :-0

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 803-317-4952 (cell)