Linksys USB200M

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Jun 24 03:28:21 UTC 2007

In message: <200706181244.11235.doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
            "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor at gsoft.com.au> writes:
: On Monday 18 June 2007 12:16, Randall Stewart wrote:
: > it in to my leading bleeding edge current and I see:
: > ugen0: <vendor 0x13b1 product 0x0018, class 255/255, rev 2.00/0.01,
: > addr 2> on uhub4
:
: According to usbdevs a USB200M has a device ID of 0x2226 and a vendor ID
: of 0x066b.
:
: Linksys have probably changed the chip they use without changing the
: model name :( Since you work there maybe you can go yell at someone ;)
:
: From the Linux driver it looks like an ASIX AX88178 10/100/1000
:
: Interestingly I can't actually find who uses the vendor ID of 0x066b..
: (0x13b1 is CISCO/Linksys)
:
: I don't think you'll get it working without cutting some code.
:
: On the plus side the data sheet is readily available..
: http://www.asix.com.tw/FrootAttach/datasheet/AX88178_datasheet_Rev11.pdf

axe should support these devices.  The fact that it doesn't is because
it hasn't been expanded to support newer members of this family.
OtherBSD has support for them that I'm looking to merge in.  Can
either of you test it for me?

Warner