Low end video card that won't crash server ... ?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Jun 22 06:17:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 08:11:50PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Garrett Cooper, and lo! it spake thus:

> Intel's still your best bet, with nVidia in second, and ATI in
> third.
>
> You aren't going to get proper 3D support unless you switch to Linux
> unfortunately :(..

I still love my Matrox.  But even there, you're stuck with the 550 and
older if you want open drivers, which is, what, like 6+ years at this
point?  Rather unpleasantly expensive new, but you can find 'em
reasonable on eBay.  Not too shiny if you need much 3d, but they're
unbeatable on 2d.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net