HELP! weird tcp problem

Sam Baskinger sbaskinger at lumeta.com
Tue Jun 19 16:12:19 UTC 2007


What I've done in situations like this is use portmanager to recompile 
everything related to the program in question. If this is an option, it 
may fix your issue and probably a few that you don't know you have. :)

Hope that's helpful.

Sam

Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> В вт, 19/06/2007 в 00:00 +0300, Niki Denev пишет:
> 
>> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> after upgrading to -current this weekend i started to have weird tcp
>>> problems. first of all tcp connections from initiated from firefox
>>> and/or thunderbird no longer work. please see info below
> 
>> I've had the same problem and was very confused about it...
>> But i didn't had the time to debug and the first thing i tried : to
>> rebuild firefox and thunderbird fixed it.
>> Strange thing that these two were the only programs that were
>> affected,
>> maybe some library that is used by both of them is the problem?
> 
> I have encountered same problem some (big) time ago.
> Evolution also refuses to work, but opera, telnet, netcat, etc works
> just fine.
> 
> Looks like it was related to library changes, like:
> 
> Probably it is related to:
> ...
> 20070228:
>         The name resolution/mapping functions addr2ascii(3) and
> ascii2addr(3)
>         were removed from FreeBSD's libc. These originally came from
> INRIA
>         IPv6. Nothing in FreeBSD ever used them. They may be regarded as
>         deprecated in previous releases.
>         The AF_LINK support for getnameinfo(3) was merged from NetBSD to
>         replace it as a more portable (and re-entrant) API.
> ...
> not sure, but anyway - rebuilding fix that problem.
> 




More information about the freebsd-current mailing list