HELP! weird tcp problem

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Tue Jun 19 13:38:00 UTC 2007


В вт, 19/06/2007 в 00:00 +0300, Niki Denev пишет:

> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> > All,
> > 
> > after upgrading to -current this weekend i started to have weird tcp
> > problems. first of all tcp connections from initiated from firefox
> > and/or thunderbird no longer work. please see info below

> I've had the same problem and was very confused about it...
> But i didn't had the time to debug and the first thing i tried : to
> rebuild firefox and thunderbird fixed it.
> Strange thing that these two were the only programs that were
> affected,
> maybe some library that is used by both of them is the problem?

I have encountered same problem some (big) time ago.
Evolution also refuses to work, but opera, telnet, netcat, etc works
just fine.

Looks like it was related to library changes, like:

Probably it is related to:
...
20070228:
        The name resolution/mapping functions addr2ascii(3) and
ascii2addr(3)
        were removed from FreeBSD's libc. These originally came from
INRIA
        IPv6. Nothing in FreeBSD ever used them. They may be regarded as
        deprecated in previous releases.
        The AF_LINK support for getnameinfo(3) was merged from NetBSD to
        replace it as a more portable (and re-entrant) API.
...
not sure, but anyway - rebuilding fix that problem.

-- 
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru


More information about the freebsd-current mailing list