Cannot use iwi(4): "could not load firmware iwi_bss"

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Mon Jun 18 22:27:40 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for replying.  I'm a bit disconcerted by this problem since
nobody seems to meet it but me.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 10:02:38PM +1200, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> The driver will wait one second for the firmware to load, it is possible
> that the interrupt storm is affecting this. You can always increase the
> iwi timeout on line 2516 of if_iwi.c and see what happens. Change hz to
> hz * 3 perhaps.

I've tried this change without success.  Interestingly, it seems that
the interrupt storm happens while if_iwi module is trying to load the
firmware and stops as soon as if_iwi gives up.

If you have any other idea, please let me knom.  I am willing to test
whatever you might deem useful.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen