HPS stack and ural

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Jun 13 06:55:37 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 23:32, Kip Macy wrote:
> It will probably have to be updated to reflect the new 802.11 interfaces.
>
>  -Kip
>
> On 6/12/07, Marinos Ilias <marinosi at ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >         I was trying the HPS stack in order to prevent some problems I
> > had with my sound card , which was sharing the same IRQ with usb , but
> > unfortunately , with the latest stack through subversion my usb wireless
> > adapter is not recognised properly under ural. At past , it was working
> > properly with the Hans Peter's stack.Are there any major differrences
> > now?The stick is a Gigabyte GN-WBKG.
> >
> > >From kernel messages:
> >
> > ugen0: <Ralink 802.11g WLAN + Pen Drive, class 0/0, rev 2.00/0.01, addr
> > 126> ugen0: at uhub4 port 1 (addr 126) disconnected
> > ugen0: detached
> > ugen0: <Ralink 802.11g WLAN + Pen Drive, class 0/0, rev 2.00/0.01, addr
> > 126> ugen0: at uhub4 port 7 (addr 126) disconnected
> > ugen0: detached
> >
> > Thank you!

Hi,

There is an "install_ural.sh" script under "FreeBSD.usb" which you can use to
install the URAL driver, hence I don't install it by default any more, due to
some compilation problems on FreeBSD-7-current.

Just run the script, then make the /sys/modules/ural module, and then "kldload
if_ural".

It should compile on FreeBSD 6.2 at least.

--HPS