ZFS does not load and mount at boot time

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 4 15:27:06 UTC 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:02:55 +0200 <oschonef at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
wrote about Re: ZFS does not load and mount at boot time:

OUBD> If the ZFS module is loaded by the loader the symlinking trick will
OUBD> not work. The module tries to load /boot/zfs/zpool.cache or expects
OUBD> zpool.cache preloaded from the loader. However, I could not teach
OUBD> the loader to load zpool.cache from the nanobsd configuration slice.
OUBD> If the module is loaded by /etc/rc.d/zfs, the symlinking works,
OUBD> because the module will try then try to load /boot/zfs/zpool.cache
OUBD> (which points to /etc/zfs/zpool.cache) wich was initialized by
OUBD> rc.initdiskless.

I have now moved zfs.cache to /etc/zfs and load the module via rc.conf. I
have also included the saving of zfs.cache on /cfg in "zfs stop" and set
KEYWORD: shutdown for zfs. However, I still get

ZFS: WARNING: pool 'tank' could not be loaded as it was last accessed by
another system (host: eclipse.aei.uni-hannover.de hostid: 0xf7ab4bd6).
See: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY

when booting. Any further ideas?

cu
  Gerrit