pf(4) status in 7.0-R

Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt kvs at binarysolutions.dk
Mon Jun 4 07:46:11 UTC 2007

"Wilkinson, Alex" <alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au> writes:
>     >On that, note, it'd be nice with an update of carp(4), too, especially
>     >the 'carpdev'-functionality. I'd probably even be able to get some money
>     >to sponsor at least part of the work, if anybody was willing.
>
> What is the "'carpdev'-functionality" ?

Quoting http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=110229937028512&w=2 :

  "Here's the long-promised diff which allows you to specify a physical
  interface 'carpdev' which the carp interface will bind to, and that
  interface does not have to have an IP address on the same subnet (or at
  all, in fact)."

We want to use it to replace a FreeVRRPd-setup, since FreeVRRPd seems to
be pretty unmaintained (and possibly patent-encumbered).

/Kenneth