ULE/SCHED_SMP diff for 7.0

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 17 15:33:01 UTC 2007

Jeff Roberson wrote:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/ule.diff
>
> This patch is scheduled for inclusion in 7.0.  I would like anyone who
> cares to run it to validate that it does not create any stability or
> performance regression over the existing ULE.

Not only does it "work for me," but it's a huge improvement in terms
of interactivity for my mouse and keyboard. I have a C2D, and using
either 4BSD or the old ULE I had gaps where mouse or keyboard activity
would stall, then "catch up" all at once. Very annoying. So far I
haven't had any of that, which is great.

I haven't heavily stressed the system yet, but I did at least leave it
running overnight, and 8 hours later it's still up, so that's
something. :)

Thanks Jeff,

Doug