HEADS UP: netatm disabling taking place shortly

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sun Jul 15 10:40:41 UTC 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007, Doug Barton wrote:

> This is cool stuff, thanks for your dogged persistence in eliminating GIANT
> from the network stack!
>
> One tiny thing I've noticed doing a buildworld tonight, because of the way
> that /usr/src/usr.bin/kdump/mkioctls works (starting at line 19) it's
> necessary to remove /usr/include/netatm _before_ trying to build. You might
> want to include that in any instructions you send out regarding this change
> (and maybe in UPDATING). If I've missed where you've said that already,
> sorry for the noise.

It's odd, actually -- I ran into this a couple of times earlier in preparing
the patch, but didn't run into it with later versions after I redid the
include things, etc.  For example, on a vanilla machine (from a couple of
weeks ago) now, I don't see the problem during buildworld.  Obviously, a bit
more debugging is called for.  Could you try removing the tree in /usr/obj and
see if that helps?  Perhaps things are lasting between build runs...

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge