Can't create TCP connections to certain IP addresses

Anish Mistry amistry at am-productions.biz
Sun Aug 19 08:43:47 PDT 2007

I'm sending this again as I didn't receive any responses before and
the problem persists as of yesterday's CURRENT.  Just let me know
what other debug info I need to provide.

	This has been happening for a while, I just don't remember when it
started (it's been happening for at least a couple of months now),
but I know everything was working in April.  I'm trying to debug a
strange problem I'm having with my -CURRENT system.  I can not
connect to certain IP addresses.  I can connect to
am-productions.biz, but not slashdot.org, etc.  When the connection
can't be made I see the state as SYN_SENT (via netstat).  This isn't
a DNS issue  since I can resolve and ping the sites.
	I've tried other on other networks just in case it was a problem with
my network, but the same thing happens there too.  This is using an
rl NIC in my laptop.  Using the ath wireless leads to the same
results as the rl.
	Connecting to the cvsup server that I'm using does work, so I can
update easily.
	I've linked to various information.  If there is some more
information I need to provide let me know.

	tcpdump.txt contains a failed connection.  tcpdump-good.txt contains
a succeeded connection.

http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/dmesg.boot
http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/LITTLEGUY
http://am-productions.biz/debug/littleguy/tcpdump-good.txt