ATA FLUSHCACHE

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Tue Apr 24 09:13:57 UTC 2007

According to Daniel O'Connor:
> I see this when using gjournal too.

Good so it is not zfs-specific.

> I suspect the timeout on the flush cache command needs to be increased.
> I haven't got around to testing it but you could try increasing the
> timeout in ata-disk.c (around line 280) ->

The main problem that I've found is that with a single disk configuration,
there is a timeout then the system recovers but with a dual (or maybe more)
disks involved, multiple/current timeouts make the system panic and that is
not nice.

I suspect that changing the timeout may just hide the real problem.
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Darwin sidhe.keltia.net Kernel Version 8.8.2: Thu Sep 28 20:43:26 PDT 2006 i386