When will bsnmp stop breaking -current builds

Ruslan Ermilov ru at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 8 19:27:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 11:55:39AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20060308152413.GA43764 at flame.pc>
>             Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> writes:
> : On 2006-03-08 14:53, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
> : > Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt at dlr.de> writes:
> : > > You seem to be the only one having this problem, so this looks like
> : > > a problem on your side.
> : >
> : > Far from it.  I had the same problem, and solved it by adding a
> : > NO_BSNMP knob (see attached patch).
> : >
> : > The deeper problem is that gensnmptree is a build tool, but isn't
> : > treated as such by the build system, so cross-builds and source
> : > updates from older versions are broken.
> :
> : I solved the original gensnmptree problems I had when I moved back and
> : forth around January 25-26th builds, with:
> :
> : %%%
> : Index: Makefile.inc1
> : ===================================================================
> : --- Makefile.inc1       (revision 19)
> : +++ Makefile.inc1       (working copy)
> : @@ -839,6 +839,7 @@
> :      usr.bin/rpcgen \
> :      usr.bin/xinstall \
> :      usr.sbin/config \
> : +    usr.sbin/bsnmpd/gensnmptree \
> :      ${_crunchgen} \
> :      ${_pwd_mkdb}
> :         ${_+_}@${ECHODIR} "===> ${_tool} (obj,depend,all,install)"; \
> : %%%
> :
> : Things worked fine after this :)
>
> This seems like a reasonable thing to do for now, since it is clear
> that regardless of theory, gensnmptree in practice is a buildtool.

Please make it a ${_gensnmptree} and define it only for vulnerable
versions.  If __FreeBSD_version wasn't bumped after it's been fixed,
put the next __FreeBSD_version value so that it stops rebuilding it
when the version gets bumped.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov