When will bsnmp stop breaking -current builds

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Mar 8 18:58:17 UTC 2006

In message: <20060308152413.GA43764 at flame.pc>
            Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at ceid.upatras.gr> writes:
: On 2006-03-08 14:53, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav <des at des.no> wrote:
: > Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt at dlr.de> writes:
: > > You seem to be the only one having this problem, so this looks like
: > > a problem on your side.
: >
: > Far from it.  I had the same problem, and solved it by adding a
: > NO_BSNMP knob (see attached patch).
: >
: > The deeper problem is that gensnmptree is a build tool, but isn't
: > treated as such by the build system, so cross-builds and source
: > updates from older versions are broken.
:
: I solved the original gensnmptree problems I had when I moved back and
: forth around January 25-26th builds, with:
:
: %%%
: Index: Makefile.inc1
: ===================================================================
: --- Makefile.inc1       (revision 19)
: +++ Makefile.inc1       (working copy)
: @@ -839,6 +839,7 @@
:      usr.bin/rpcgen \
:      usr.bin/xinstall \
:      usr.sbin/config \
: +    usr.sbin/bsnmpd/gensnmptree \
:      ${_crunchgen} \
:      ${_pwd_mkdb}
:         ${_+_}@${ECHODIR} "===> ${_tool} (obj,depend,all,install)"; \
: %%%
:
: Things worked fine after this :)

This seems like a reasonable thing to do for now, since it is clear
that regardless of theory, gensnmptree in practice is a buildtool.

Warner