Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Marcus Alves Grando mnag at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 14 19:28:39 UTC 2006

Ivan Voras wrote:
> Adi Pircalabu wrote:
>
>> I can crash or hang native Firefox / Mozilla / Seamonkey &
>> linux-flashplugin7 in less than 3 minutes. I think the commiters are
>> smart enough to NOT give everyone the possibility of doing the same.
>> Unless, of course, you will volunteer to manage the enormous quantity or
>> up-coming bug-reports :)
>
> The patch has no impact on the base system, it only allows the flash
> player to be used _from ports_, and the linuxplugin port already has a
> big caveat for version 7 flash player.
>
> A native FreeBSD flash player is not going to happen any time soon, and
> people are already using flash version 8 (for which there's no way to be
> used on FreeBSD).

Sometime ago i talk witk nork@ and des@ about this. Meanwhile, the best
way is create one library with this patch and start firefox with LD_PRELOAD.

http://marcus.grupos.com.br:8080/download/_dlsym/Makefile
http://marcus.grupos.com.br:8080/download/_dlsym/_dlsym.c

Since bin/firefox are a script it's easy to add.

Regards

--
Marcus Alves Grando
marcus(at)corp.grupos.com.br  |  Grupos Internet S/A