Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

Ivan Voras ivoras at fer.hr
Wed Jun 14 18:26:29 UTC 2006

Adi Pircalabu wrote:

> I can crash or hang native Firefox / Mozilla / Seamonkey &
> linux-flashplugin7 in less than 3 minutes. I think the commiters are
> smart enough to NOT give everyone the possibility of doing the same.
> Unless, of course, you will volunteer to manage the enormous quantity or
> up-coming bug-reports :)

The patch has no impact on the base system, it only allows the flash
player to be used _from ports_, and the linuxplugin port already has a
big caveat for version 7 flash player.

A native FreeBSD flash player is not going to happen any time soon, and
people are already using flash version 8 (for which there's no way to be
used on FreeBSD).