linux-flashplugin-6.0 not working anymore

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Jan 5 13:39:52 PST 2006

Nicolas Blais wrote:

>A while ago I noticed that firefox and konqueror are not displaying flash
>applets anymore on my -CURRENT system yet it works fine on all my 6-STABLE
>machines.
>
>When I run firefox from the shell, I get:
>[nicblais at clk01a] ~> firefox
>LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared
>library /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
>[/usr/local/lib/pluginwrapper/flash6.so: version GLIBC_2.1 required
>by /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so not defined]
>
>(I have linux-glib2-2.4.8_1 installed)
>
>My libmap.conf is untouched :
># Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror/Kazehakase
>[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
>libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>libz.so.1                       libz.so.3
>libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.5
>libm.so.6                       libm.so.4
>libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>
>And konqueror no longer finds my linux-flashplugin-6.0. The mplayer plugin is
>detected fine in both browsers. Since the linuxpluginwrapper port is broken
>for -CURRENT, I haven't tried to mess with it.
>
>Am I the only one with this problem?

No - I too have this problem, and can't find a solution.  It broke with
some commits back around Dec 20th, 2005 from Alexander Kabaev I think.
I mentioned it, and his response was something like:

-
The segfault was caused by *((char *)0) = 0; statement that I forgot to
remove from the source before committing. Now firefox does not segfault
but properly fails to load plugin due to inadequate versioning
emulation by flash[67].so wrappers.
-

See the thread with a subject of:
[openoffice]no suitable windowing system found, exiting.

Eric