[HEADS UP]: OpenLDAP+nss_ldap+nss_modules separated patch and more (SoC)

Michael Bushkov bushman at rsu.ru
Fri Aug 25 06:23:02 UTC 2006

Doug Barton wrote:
> Michael Bushkov wrote:
>
>> Well, maybe more compromise solution will be to have OpenLDAP and
>> nss_ldap in the base, but to have them turned off by default, so the user
>> would need to specify WITH_LDAP and WITH_NSS_LDAP in the make.conf to
>> build them.
>
> It isn't requiring the user to build it that I'm worried about. However, I
> refuse to continue tilting against this windmill. Given that I'm the only
> one who seems to object to this, I withdraw my objection, and
> correspondingly reserve the right to wave the "I told you this was a bad
> idea" sign if it all blows up down the road.

Ok - If it all blows up down the road, I'll stick the "he warned me" sign to
my forehead :)

> Meanwhile, I agree with Brooks, if it's in the base, it needs to be on by
> default.

I agree too.

>> And we should also have rewritten nss_ldap in ports (call it
>> nss_ldap_bsd, for example).
>
> Why?

Why not? It will be useful for somebody who'll want to use our nss_ldap
instead of the PADL's one (I hope these times to come :) and will want to
maintain it only via ports.

With best regards,
Michael Bushkov