Quick poll (openoffice port)

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Aug 24 18:29:02 UTC 2006

> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:08:59 -0400
> From: Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:21:42PM +1000, matti k wrote:
> > On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:56:30 +0400
> > Sergey Matveychuk <sem at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >

> > Or freebsd-openoffice@ list.
> >
> > Is there anything useful in the archives?
> >
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-openoffice/2006-August/thread.html
> >
> > My -current is a few days old but I'll try installing OOo-2.0 tonight,
> > after a ports update, to see what happens.
>
> The most common failure point with the last few builds seems to be at
>
> build_instset_native.
>
> One possible quick fix (that has sometimes worked for me, at least on
> CURRENT, though not on STABLE) is to build without mozilla.
>
> However, as that seems to sometimes fix a different build failure, I'm
> not sure how helpful the information is to the OP.
>
> FWIW, I haven't been able to get the latest devel to build (from 0818)
> on either CURRENT or STABLE.

I just finished building it on my laptop and it's getting close on my
desktop running current. I build -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA.

OTOH, I can't seem to build, even WITHOUT_MOZILLA, on my 6-Stable
desktop system. I get the exact error you report building sal.

In file included from conditn.c:37:
system.h:542: error: conflicting types for 'gethostbyname_r'
/usr/include/netdb.h:228: error: previous declaration of 'gethostbyname_r' was here
system.h:542: error: conflicting types for 'gethostbyname_r'
/usr/include/netdb.h:228: error: previous declaration of 'gethostbyname_r' was here
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxfbsdi.pro/obj/conditn.obj'

I suspect it may relate to the fact that I am running JDK1.5 on that system.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)