[RFC] (very) small ifmedia.c cleanup

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 16:37:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:19:45 +0200, Thomas Quinot <thomas at FreeBSD.ORG>
wrote:

> > I was looking at src/sbin/ifconfig/ifmedia.c source, and noticed that
> > the handling of IFM_ETHER and IFM_ATM was identical.  Also noticed the
> > use of goto that, IMHO, could be clearer if made with a plain if (),
> > very similar to the condition a few lines above each occurence of the
> > gotos.
>
> Looks good to me. The more factoring, the merrier! I think you could even
> push things a little further and aggressively factor what can be factored
> between print_media_word and print_media_word_ifconfig.

Thanks for your comments -- I'll surely check what can I do considering
your suggestion, and this time will fill a PR.

> > Now I'm wondering if this diff looks good, as it is a first one I'm
> > sending over here.  The send-pr(1) seemed to be just too much noise,
> > but if that's the correct way, please let me know.  The diff is against
> > -current.
>
> It never hurts to submit a PR, it helps keeping track of the discussion
> of a patch, the commit, and any possible subsequent action.

Then I'll submit a PR for this one.

Thanks again :)

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez     <rnsanchez@{gmail.com,wait4.org}>