Can I pursuade someone to commit this patch? (Re: Multiple IP addresses in a jail.)

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 3 11:06:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 10:40:53AM +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> Josef Karthauser (joe) writes:
> > Dear current folk, I'm forwarding this thread from the -net list where I
> > asked the question, is it possible to have more than one IP address in a
> > jail?  The answer is yes, with Pawel's patch.  The question here is can
> > I pursuade anyone to commit this to head and MFC it please?  The
> > motivation is simple.  I need to run a second SSL web server inside of a
> > jail, however that needs another IP address because SSL is incompatible
> > with HTTP/1.1.
>
> 	We have been using these patches all the way back since 5-CURRENT and
> 	they work very stable for us.  I seem to remember that there were
> 	some reservations about the way it was being done, but for that matter
> 	it wouldn't be the first hack in jail (like u_int32_t for the ip_number
> 	in struct jail :)

I no longer have a commit bit, so I can't commit these myself.... :/.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/
Physics Particle Theory (student)   http://www.pact.cpes.sussex.ac.uk/