6.0-CURRENT SNAP004 hangs on amr (patch)

Joao Barros joao.barros at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 21:00:44 PDT 2005

On 8/8/05, John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Ok, so I'm assuming that 5.4 works but RELENG_6 does not?  Do you have verbose
> dmesg's from both cases so that I can compare them?

Ok, review:
FreeBSD5.4: kernel boots with amr installed
FreeBSD6.0: kernel doesn't boot with amr installed
As I think some commit in time between 5.4 and CURRENT(6.0) changed
something that prevents the kernel to boot with an amr installed, I'm
trying to pinpoint that change.
So far I've tested 5.4-STABLE-SNAP006-i386 which boots and back till
6.0-CURRENT-SNAP001 which does not boot.
My next step will be to cvsup to specific times and start testing kernels :)
More feedback to come!

--
Joao Barros