FreeBSD6.0 and VMWare 5.0.. No go

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Fri Sep 2 22:33:50 PDT 2005

Daniel Dvorak wrote:
>  Yes, I confirm this. :(
>
> I tried to install 32bit and 64bit version and both stoped with this panic.
> It hapens when installation proccess copy files  to disk, usually.
>
> Dan

If anyone is interested, I have a FreeBSD 6 snapshot ISO with a custom
kernel that has PREEMPTION, SMP, and apic removed.  I've been trying to
get it to work on VirtualPC, but I'm running into other problems with it
now (mainly that VPC doesn't seem to expose the CDROM in a way that
FreeBSD can find it).  If anyone is interested in testing it with
VMWare, let me know and I'll make it available.  It's a normal disc1
install ISO, based on 6-BETA3.

Scott