Firefox dies unexpectedly.

Mika freebsd at mean.net
Thu Oct 6 08:43:31 PDT 2005

Hi,

has anyone have the problem that firefox dies spontaneously ? I get this
output from firefox --sync, it seems to happen on very different sites,
and not always at the same site. I'm trying to figure out if it's
Firefox,Xorg or FreeBSD that causes this to happen.

gluffis at beeyatch:~:firefox --sync
NP_Initialize
New
open dsp: Device busy
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
New
SetWindow
SetWindow
SetWindow
NewStream
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
WriteReady
Write
DestroyStream
Destroy
The program 'Gecko' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadShmSeg (invalid shared segment parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 129 error_code 178 request_code 147 minor_code 2)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2005 mozilla.org

FreeBSD beeyatch 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #3: Sun Sep 25 11:21:45
CEST 2005

--
Even alcohol can bend the room.