Build just one module (was Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/acpica acpi_cmbat.c])

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Nov 24 22:00:49 GMT 2005

> From: Mathieu Prevot <freebsd-stable at club-internet.fr>
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:05:47 +0100
> Sender: owner-freebsd-acpi at freebsd.org
>

> Le 23 nov. 05 à 15:48, Doug Poland a écrit :
>
> > On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 11:49:20AM +0100, Mathieu Prevot wrote:
> >>
> >> Le 23 nov. 05 ? 03:49, Doug Poland a ?crit :

> >> You should think man 'subject', Unix for the impatient or google and
> >> find things like:
> >>
> >> patch -i patchfile filetopatch
> >> patch<patchfile
> >>
> > Thank you, that part is fairly obvious.  What I'm unsure of is
> > where in
> > the source tree do I apply that patch from, and, must I to rebuild
> > world, or just the affected part of sys/dev.
>
> Try and see for the patch. 'patch -i patchfile filetopatch' works
> from anywhere.
> I don't think you need to rebuild world. I think you can just build
> acpi module but I don't know how.
> You may glance at /usr/src/Makefile* ...

While reading /usr/src/Makefile* should get you there, those with
limited make-foo should go to /sys/modules/acpi and:
make obj
make clean
make depend
make
make install

This will only take a couple of minutes, then reboot your system.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)