sk interface (Marvell 88E8001) sluggish?

Nicolas Blais nb_root at videotron.ca
Thu May 19 09:28:50 PDT 2005

On May 18, 2005 06:15 am, Feargal Reilly wrote:
> I was *about* to say that SysKonnect have a version of the
> myk driver for that card for 5.3, but I just checked the
> man page for it, and the 88E8001 isn't actually listed. I don't
> know if that's accurate or not; if you want to check it out,
> email support at syskonnect.de and ask them about it.

I sent them an email, here is their reply:

From:
Gerald Heinig <gheinig at syskonnect.de>  (SysKonnect GmbH)
Hi Nicholas,

there's a driver out for 5.2 and 5.3 from SysKonnect for the Yukon-I
controllers. However, it's only for PCI cards, not LOMs. As far as I
know, there are no plans to support the LOMs, although they are
functionally identical to the PCI cards.

As for support for 6-CURRENT, the answer at the moment is, no, it's not
envisaged unfortunately. Note also that the current driver is
binary-only. This may change in the future, for undefined values of
'future' :(:(

Hope that helps.

Gerald