hostap recently broken

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Tue Jul 26 00:50:06 GMT 2005

Michal Mertl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just found out that something very recently broke hostap on FreeBSD
> CURRENT. The client associates and gets the MAC address of the AP. When
> I run tcpdump on the AP I see the pings from the client getting in but
> the AP doesn't reply. The ARP protocol works but nothing else does.
>
> Source checked on 2005-07-22 16:00 UTC works fine.
>
> The AP card is atheros but just reverting the last changes to the driver
> doesn't help.

I just tried with CURRENT (from last night).  5212 card setup with TKIP
for PTK and GTK.  ap operating in 11g.  Powerbook running Tiger
associated and operated fine.  29Mb/s for upstream tcp netperf (sta and
ap in close proximity--rssi 41).

I appreciate you testing stuff but please try to diagnose your problems
a bit harder and then provide more useful info like the h/w revs and the
exact steps you use to setup a non-working system.

	Sam