Memory modified after free - Jan20 -CURRENT

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jan 21 16:39:31 PST 2005

In message: <41F00697.7010000 at freebsd.org>
            Scott Long <scottl at freebsd.org> writes:
: Ketrien I. Saihr-Kenchedra wrote:
:
: > Screen transcription attached. In a nutshell;
: >
: > fdc0: <floppy drive controller> port 0x3f7,0x3f0-0x3f5 irq 6 drq 2 on acpi0
: > device_attach: fdc0 returned 6
: > sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on
: > acpi0
: > sio0: type 16550A
: > Memory modified after free 0xc1cde200(252) val=0 @ 0xc1cde228
: > panic: Most recently used by none
: >
: > System was fine with Jan16 srcs, fdc returning 6 is new. Looks like a uma
: > problem to me, but odd enough that I'm honestly not sure. Need ips(4) for
: > dumpdev, so no dump again. (Argh.)
: >
:
: I'm seeing this quite often too.  I'm hoping that Bosko will make his
: memguard changes available soon as I'm sure it could quickly be tracked
: down with them.

This one is mine, and was in the tree for only about 9 hours and
should be fixed now.

Warner