Memory modified after free - Jan20 -CURRENT

Bosko Milekic bmilekic at technokratis.com
Thu Jan 20 16:31:57 PST 2005

http://bmilekic.unixdaemons.com/MemGuard.diff

put options DEBUG_MEMGUARD in your kernel config, and look at the
DEBUG_MEMGUARD ifdefs in malloc(), free(), and realloc() inside
kern/kern_malloc.c; the short of it is that you'll have to manually
modify those ifdef'd portions of code referring to M_SUBPROC in the
diff to M_WHATEVER.  I'm going to commit a version of this soon.

Don't run the patch unless you know what you're doing.

Later,
Bosko.