[PLEASE TEST] Many improvements to Synaptics support in psm(4)

Maxim Maximov mcsi at mcsi.pp.ru
Mon Jan 10 12:35:00 PST 2005

Philip Paeps wrote:
> I just committed a patch to -current which greatly improves support in psm(4)
> for Synaptics touchpads.  Owners of these gadgets are encouraged to test this.
> If it turns out to work well, I'll enable support by default.

Is it possible to remain tap-and-drag functionality? This was the only
regression found by now. UP and DOWN keys work again, thanks!

> For now, to get the new behaviour, you need to set hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
> in /boot/loader.conf.
>
> Please also fiddle with the stickiness sysctls.  The quest for finding perfect
> values is still on...

Only min_movement=4 (or greater) makes the mouse cursor to remain still
when I place a finger on the touchpad and don't move it at all.
Otherwise, the cursor starts floating around the initial point.

> Thanks!

Thanks to you!

--
Maxim Maximov