cvs commit: src/etc rc rc.shutdown rc.subr src/etc/rc.d localpkg src/sys/sys param.h

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Dec 2 18:33:09 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 06:16:48PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> > Do you mean that scripts without .sh runs in
> > the subshell and not damage main shell?
>
> Yes, that's what I mean. Once again, sorry I wasn't clear. I've been staring
> at this for too long now. :)

Just to clarify it finally. You state that there is a big difference
between system /etc/rc.d scripts (without .sh) which all runs in the
single shell (as I remember it was) and /usr/local/etc/rc.d scripts
(without .sh) which nowdays runs in the subshells, each one in its own?

> I should have mentioned in my last message that I did take a quick look at
> the script itself, and didn't see anything that should be a problem, but as

/usr/bin/limits is the problem there because it change limits for whole
shell, not for command which just invoked. If all scripts runs in the same
shell, all subsequential of them will be affected.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/