installing 6.0-BETA3

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon Aug 29 13:26:17 GMT 2005

Am 28.08.2005 um 15:26 schrieb Mikhail T.:

>     . Trying to cvs-checkout src from anoncvs.FreeBSD.org over ssh
>       would not work. Despite my specifying -R (for read-only), the
>       server kept complaining about being unable to write some file.

That's because the *server* needs to be in read-only mode.  I'd
figure the server operator for anoncvs.freebsd.org should set it up
like that, but for any random server, you need to specify
CVS_SERVER="cvs -R", as in

$ env CVS_SERVER="cvs -R" cvs co -dP src

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140